Bathroom remodeling is a great way to add value to your home and make it more comfortable and stylish at the same time. But if you’re like most homeowners in Marana, AZ, you probably have one burning question on your mind: what is the average cost of a bathroom remodel?
Average Cost Of A Bathroom Remodel In Marana
The answer, of course, is that it depends. There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of a bathroom remodel, including the size of your bathroom, the extent of the work that needs to be done, and the quality of materials you use. That being said, the average cost of a bathroom remodel in Marana, AZ, is between $25,000 and $80,000, according to the 2022 Cost vs Value Report by Remodeling Magazine.
When it comes to the average cost of a bathroom remodel, there are several caveats that must be addressed.
First, as noted above, the size, the scope of the project, and the material quality can drastically change the bathroom remodel cost.
Second, it should also be noted that the average cost of a bathroom remodel cited above includes everything from minor remodeling jobs to major overhauls.
Third, the quality of work is also not addressed in the average bathroom remodel cost. In other words, the average cost estimate includes low-quality remodels with cheap materials, as well as high-quality remodels with luxury materials.
Here at Frei Remodeling & Construction, we take pride in our high-quality remodeling work and use of premier materials. Our basic bathroom remodel cost starts at $30,000, while our high-end remodel starts at $90,000. One common rule of thumb for homeowners is to expect to spend 5-15% of your home’s value on your bathroom remodel. So if your home is worth $400,000, you can expect to spend between $20,000 and $60,000. Check out our bathroom remodeling services page for more details.
Cost Breakdown Of Bathroom Remodeling In Marana, AZ
Since so much of the average cost of a bathroom remodel is dependent on variables like labor and materials, we thought it would be useful to provide a cost breakdown of those bathroom remodeling costs variables.
One of the biggest variables in the cost of a bathroom remodel is labor costs. Bathroom remodeling labor is highly-skilled, so there is a premium on this type of labor. Electrical and plumbing work will definitely increase your bathroom remodel costs.
If you have a small bathroom with only cosmetic changes needed, you can expect to pay significantly less than if you are gutting your entire bathroom and starting from scratch. The more complex the project, the more time it will take and the more it will cost.
The other major line item in your budget will be materials. Everything from fixtures and tile to paint and hardware will need to be factored in when calculating your total costs. If you splurge on high-end materials, you can expect your costs to increase significantly over the average cost of a bathroom remodel.
For example, a high-end bathroom vanity can easily cost over $8,000. Similarly, bathroom tile can run from as little as $4 per square foot to $30 per square foot.
Depending on the scope of work being done, demolition might be included in your quotation from a contractor. If not, you can expect to pay an additional fee for this service.
Any time work is being done on your home that requires moving or adding plumbing lines or electrical wiring, a permit from the city will be required. The cost of permits is usually no more than a few hundred dollars.
Bathroom Remodeling FAQs
If you’re planning a bathroom remodel, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about bathroom remodeling in Marana, AZ:
What Are Some Popular Bathroom Remodeling Upgrades?
In the Marana area, some of the most popular upgrades for bathroom remodels are:
- Showerhead with handheld sprayer
- Double showerhead
- Body jets
- Shower glass treated with Enduroshield
- Adding additional cabinetry
- Adding a bench (or double bench)
- Adding light fixtures
- A tower upgrade (a center cabinet on top of the counter for a shaving kit, toothbrush storage, etc.)
How Much Does A Small Bathroom Remodel Cost?
As noted above, size is one of the major factors that impact the average cost of a bathroom remodel. If you have a small bathroom, you can expect to pay at the lower end of the price range (approximately $25,000).
That being said, you may be able to find contractors who are willing to go even lower, depending on the scope of work. However, keep in mind that you may not be satisfied with the quality of work if you cut corners on labor costs or material quality.
What Are The Biggest Mistakes To Avoid When Remodeling A Bathroom?
There are plenty of mistakes that can be made when it comes to bathroom remodeling! Here are some of the most common ones people make:
- Failing to plan ahead by not having a clear idea of what you want before work begins. This can lead to drastic changes mid-project, which can increase both the time and average cost of a bathroom remodel
- Cutting corners by using inferior materials or choosing unlicensed contractors. This can lead to problems down the road that could have been avoided by doing things correctly from the start.
- Attempting to remodel a bathroom themselves (when they’re not an experienced contractor)
- Neglecting to account for storage needs. Even small bathrooms can benefit from extra towel storage, shelving for toiletries, or even a medicine cabinet. By including adequate storage in your design, you can help keep your bathroom organized and clutter-free.
- Failing to plan a well-designed layout. A well-designed bathroom should be easy to move around in, whether you’re getting ready for your day or taking a relaxing bath at night. Be sure to allow enough space for people to move freely from the vanity to the shower or tub and back again.
- Choosing finishes without considering maintenance: When choosing tile, countertops, paint colors, and other finishes for your bathroom remodel, it’s important to consider not only how they look but also how easy they are to care for. Consider how much time and effort you’re willing to put into maintaining your new bathroom before making any final decisions.
- Not knowing the average cost of a bathroom remodel. Knowing how much a bathroom remodel will cost helps you create a realistic budget and save money.
With a little forethought and planning, however, you can avoid these mistakes and end up with a beautiful bathroom you’ll enjoy for years to come.
How Long Does A Bathroom Remodel Take?
In general, most bathroom remodels can be completed in six to eight weeks. However, if you are planning a major expansion or addition, it may take longer. The best way to get an accurate estimate for your project is to consult with a qualified contractor who can assess your specific needs and provide you with a detailed timeline and cost estimate.
What Is The Costliest Part Of A Bathroom Remodel?
When it comes to components, the costliest part of a bathroom remodel is typically the vanity (or cabinetry). As noted above, a high-end bathroom vanity can easily cost over $8,000. Custom vanities can cost even more.
Excluding materials, the costliest part of a bathroom remodel is usually the labor. Labor can account for up to 40% of the total average cost of a bathroom remodel, depending on what type of work needs to be done. For example, plumbing and electrical require highly-skilled labor that costs more than other types of labor, such as painting.
What’s the typical return on investment (ROI) for a bathroom remodel?
According to House Method, the average ROI for a mid-range bathroom remodel is 70%. Upscale bathroom remodels have an average ROI of 60%. However, this ROI percentage is by no means guaranteed. Perhaps an even more important statistic is that 93% of homeowners stated that they had a better quality of life after their remodeling project!
Given all of these factors, it’s no surprise that homeowners often spend months planning their dream bathroom before work even begins! When calculating your budget, be sure to factor in line items such as labor, materials, demolition, permits, and any other potential unforeseen costs so that there are no surprises along the way.
Bring Your Dream Bathroom To Life With Frei Remodeling And Construction
Remodeling your bathroom can be a daunting but rewarding task. It’s important to know the average cost of a bathroom remodel in Marana, AZ, so that you can set a budget and plan for the upgrades you desire. Our cost breakdown will help you understand where your money is going when you decide to embark on this type of home improvement project.
If you have any questions about our services or would like a quote, please fill out our contact form today. We look forward to helping you create the bathroom of your dreams!